Tuesday 11 January 2011

Tori Amos Plugged '98 Tour Berlin, Germany June 8, 1998 | bootlegs

Tori Amos Plugged '98 Tour Berlin, Germany June 8, 1998 | bootlegs


Just posted the first Tori Amos show...




Many more to come.

1998 doesn't seem that long ago to me but when I think about it for long enough I realise that actually - it is! Over ten years long in fact... (Ahhhhhh!!!!)
...which was probably around the time I first discovered Tori Amos come to think of it. What an ideal age! (To be discovering Tori Amos - that is.)


It also never really occurred to me prior to this 'bootlegs project' - how difficult is it to actually find any information about gigs dating back more than 6 years or so...

For example, finding live photos from the concert is near impossible. If you get just a little bit hopeful you'll find yourself trying to sort through a big mess of ancient pages and dead links. With this particular bootleg I considered myself as fortunate to find anything even as remotely relevant as this delightful chap having a meet and greet with Tori Amos on the same day as the actual show itself!






















(I hope you don't mind Michael!)


Yes, these days it's very easy to get videos, photos and whatever you like.
Back then? Not so much.
In fact it's actually great that people took the initiative to record them in the first place. Thank goodness for all those old faithful and discerning gig goers!


x


No comments:

Post a Comment