Sunday 9 January 2011

Radiohead at Coliseu dos Recreios - Lisbon, Portugal July 24, 2002

Dear Jack,

I have just uploaded another Radiohead show...

Here it is:

Radiohead at Coliseu dos Recreios - Lisbon, Portugal July 24, 2002



I was planning on uploading the bootlegs I had first, except I had some problems with my CD rom drive thingy, namely that it keeps ejecting all my copied cd's before I get the chance to rip the music they hold.

In anycase, I found a random bootleg online and uploaded it. It takes such a long time, but I've had a good amount of interest so far and hope that in time it might be worth it.

Radiohead played this show in 2002 just prior to releasing their 2003 'Hail To The Thief' album. The first half of the set was used as a sounding board for the songs which would end up on the album and this is for the most part what makes for interesting listening as with some of the tracks - Go To Sleep, I Will and Sit Down Stand Up in particular now serve as alternate or rough draft versions of the better known studio ones.

The banter between the crowd and the band was notable - both being in good cheer. The sound quality is slightly scratchy and distorted in places but certainly not unlistenable.

I have made do with using a picture of Ed and Thom at the Q awards 2002 for now, which sadly was the only remotely relevant picture I could find. (Purely because of the year!) If anyone has or can find any better ones please let me know.

x




No comments:

Post a Comment